Sunday 7 April 2019

Local races

Race season has started with a whimper, not a bang. I ran in two local races in the last few weeks; the old reliable Course du Printemps in Voisins-le-Bretonneux, one I try to run every year.
The race has become more of a trail over the years, and this year was particularly tough, and my lack of preparedness didn't really help! All in all it was a great experience, as always, but with the nagging feeling that next year will be the year I'll actually be ready for it. Today, I ran in another local race, a 10k (well, slightly more) trail around the beautiful setting of the Etangs de la Minière in Guyancourt.
I must learn that what goes down, must come up. I started strongly but the ascent around the 6k mark was very tough. The race itself was advertised as a 10k, but it actually went closer to 11k. It was a gorgeous morning for it, though, and I gave it all my all, including a sprint finish. I was also interviewed by the race announcer afterwards. Definitely one to run again!

No comments:

Post a Comment